Our Recruitment Assistance Service
(Involved in the Labour Market since 1984)
Assisting construction employers with their human resource recruitment needs and helping people secure a career in construction.
The " Construction Job Centre " recruitment service registers people who are seeking employment in the construction sector, from entry level to experienced construction workers or professionals.
The " Construction Job Centre " database registers people from across Canada and the USA possessing various levels of education, training, skills and work experience. The internet allows us to seek workers globally.
The " Construction Job Centre " receives and posts job opportunities.
In order to be effective as an Employment Recruitment Assistance Service we engage in the following activities:
- advise employees/employers and job seekers where formal training is available.
- identify labour market imbalances and explore solutions
- provide labour market information
- participate on industry committees and boards
- work closely with all stakeholders in identifying training needs
- mediate disputes and misunderstanding between employers and employees
- run ads in various newspapers across Canada
- work with educational institutes to identify industry training needs
- provide special student registration packages to the educational institutes
- work with industry on a ongoing basis to customize the service to meet their needs
We communicate employment opportunities through our Internet Web site, and by e-mailing out job vacancies to educational institutes that have industry-training programs.
Seminars and training workshops are held during the year for job seekers, currently employed workers and employers. They include one-day, two-day and three day workshops on various subjects. See education on the VRCA website.
Also of interest: